What is an Holistic Facial ?
Traditional facials are an excellent way of improving the skin condition and are very relaxing, a holistic facial is the same as a traditional facial except the therapist uses more eastern massage techniques and may use crystals, essential oils and organic face products for optimum skin improvement.
What is it good for?
- To improve overall skin condition
- To help calm an over-active with essential oils
- To relieve stress and tension in the face, neck and shoulders
- Improves circulation in the face, neck and shoulders
- Helps drain toxins away from the face through stimulating the lymphatic system (the body’s way of removing toxins)
- Various skin conditions e.g.: spots, blackheads, oily or congested skin, ageing skin, tired or puffy eyes, dry or dehydrated skin, sensitive skin.
Who is it NOT suitable for?
Not ideal for people with serious skin conditions such as severe acne, eczema, dermatitis or infectious skin problems.
What happens during a Holistic Facial Treatment?
After a full initial consultation to check you are suitable for the treatment the therapist will look at your skin and do a full skin analysis to determine the correct products to use for best results for your skin type. Then you will be asked to remove your top (you can leave your bra on if you prefer) and will have towels to cover you while you lie semi-reclined on the massage couch.
You can then relax as the therapist performs a full eye make-up removal, cleanse, tone, exfoliate, massage of face, neck and shoulders, facial mask, mask removal, moisturise and eye product.
Ideally a course of one per week for six to eight weeks for specific concerns then once a month to maintain good skin, as with any facial if you look after your skin with good products in between facials you will get better results.
You can have a facial as a one off for a special treat if just for relaxation.
How long is a session?
The first session is usually 1 hour 15 minutes to allow for a consultation then each session is around an hour.
Where can I book a session?
- Anne Craddock HdipCT, MAR
- COMPLEMENTARY THERAPIST
- MASSAGE & REFLEXOLOGY
- e-mail Lorna at; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 07730 484 209
- Lorna Gray IIHHT IHBC MGBT Coun.Dip
- Holistic Therapist, Tutor, Counsellor and Visualisation Coach